Suggestion for Daily Use

Follow the ‘Daily Prayer’ at the side+++Suivez le ‘Prière Quotidienne’. Read the bible passages and then the meditation. Pray, tell God how you felt about the reading and share the concerns of your life with him. Maybe you will continue the habit after Lent. Lisez les passages bible et après la méditation. Priez, dites à Dieu que vous avez ressenti à propos de la lecture et de partager les préoccupations de votre vie avec lui. Peut-être que vous allez continuer l'habitude après le Carême. Daily Prayer Jesus, full of the Holy Spirit, returned from the Jordan and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness, where for forty days he was tempted by the devil. Luke 4.1-2 Now is the healing time decreed For sins of heart, of word or deed, When we in humble fear record The wrong that we have done the Lord. (Latin, before 12th century) Read: Read the Bible passage. Read the meditation Pray: Talk to God about what you have just read. Tell him your concerns - for yourself, your family, our church family, our world. Praise him. Pray the collect for the week – see next pages. Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me bless his holy name. Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits. Prière Quotidienne Jésus, rempli de l'Esprit Saint, revint du Jourdain et le Saint-Esprit le conduisit dans le désert où il fut tenté par le diable durant quarante jours. Luc 4.1-2 Maintenant le temps de la guérison est décrété Pour les péchés du cœur, de la parole et des actes, Lorsque nous nous souvenons avec humilité Le mal que nous avons fait au Seigneur. Lire : Lisez le passage de la Bible. Lisez la méditation. Prier : Parlez avec le Seigneur de ce que vous avez lu. Parlez-lui de vos préoccupations pour vous-même, votre famille, notre famille de l’église, notre monde. Louez-le. Priez la collecte pour la semaine. Voyez les pages suivantes Mon âme, bénis le Seigneur ! Que tout qui est en moi bénisse son saint nom. Mon âme, bénis le Seigneur, et n’oublie aucun de ses bienfaits !

17 February 2018

Fourth Day of Lent ~~ Saviour be with me +++ Sois avec moi mon Sauveur





Many people know that I’m planning to open my own animal sanctuary one day, that I hope to create a refuge for the two, four and no legged wonders of God's creation. But the part I never talk about is how much of a fortress I want it to be. Any kind of facility with animals, especially larger or wild ones, needs good safety and security measures, but I harbour a bit of a "prepper" or survivalist mentality - I want to be sure that I'm prepared enough that my family and the animals in my care are taken care of even if the world falls apart. Which leads me to spend a lot of time thinking about fences, security cameras, canned goods, off-the-grid power sources etc. etc. 

But what this Psalm has made me realize is how much do I consider God to be my rock, refuge and fortress? How much do I trust Him to ensure my safety and provision? Or to ensure the world doesn’t actually fall apart. I am confident the dream to create such a place and care for his creation comes from Him, but how am I including him in my plans to make it happen - or better yet trusting His plan to make it a reality? It’s so easy for us all to start making plans and forget to include or even consider God in them. Do we ever stop to ask what God wants our lives to look like? What God wants us to do?

The praise song ‘Oceans (Where Feet May Fail)’ says: 

Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders
Let me walk upon the waters
Wherever You would call me
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
And my faith will be made stronger
In the presence of my Saviour*

Let us this Lenten season, pause and reflect on wherever God is calling us and how His plans are shaping our lives. Let our faith (and our plans) be made stronger in the presence of our Saviour today. 

Morgan Buckner

*© 2012 Hillsong Music Publishing, written by Matt Crocker, Joel Houston, and Salomon Ligthelm.

No comments:

Post a Comment