Suggestion for Daily Use

Follow the ‘Daily Prayer’ at the side+++Suivez le ‘Prière Quotidienne’. Read the bible passages and then the meditation. Pray, tell God how you felt about the reading and share the concerns of your life with him. Maybe you will continue the habit after Lent. Lisez les passages bible et après la méditation. Priez, dites à Dieu que vous avez ressenti à propos de la lecture et de partager les préoccupations de votre vie avec lui. Peut-être que vous allez continuer l'habitude après le Carême. Daily Prayer Jesus, full of the Holy Spirit, returned from the Jordan and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness, where for forty days he was tempted by the devil. Luke 4.1-2 Now is the healing time decreed For sins of heart, of word or deed, When we in humble fear record The wrong that we have done the Lord. (Latin, before 12th century) Read: Read the Bible passage. Read the meditation Pray: Talk to God about what you have just read. Tell him your concerns - for yourself, your family, our church family, our world. Praise him. Pray the collect for the week – see next pages. Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me bless his holy name. Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits. Prière Quotidienne Jésus, rempli de l'Esprit Saint, revint du Jourdain et le Saint-Esprit le conduisit dans le désert où il fut tenté par le diable durant quarante jours. Luc 4.1-2 Maintenant le temps de la guérison est décrété Pour les péchés du cœur, de la parole et des actes, Lorsque nous nous souvenons avec humilité Le mal que nous avons fait au Seigneur. Lire : Lisez le passage de la Bible. Lisez la méditation. Prier : Parlez avec le Seigneur de ce que vous avez lu. Parlez-lui de vos préoccupations pour vous-même, votre famille, notre famille de l’église, notre monde. Louez-le. Priez la collecte pour la semaine. Voyez les pages suivantes Mon âme, bénis le Seigneur ! Que tout qui est en moi bénisse son saint nom. Mon âme, bénis le Seigneur, et n’oublie aucun de ses bienfaits !

07 March 2020

Day 11 of Lent +++ A Shield


Lesser Festival of Perpetua, Felicity and companions, martyrs, 203




A Shield




I like the idea of God being “a shield around me”. Too many times I feel like indeed “many are my foes”. Society feels threatening as a whole, and I feel like people are going to judge me. Other times, people actually may “rise up against me”, and openly discredit me or confront me. But on those times, may I always have God as a “shield around me”.

The shield of a warrior, yes, crashing teeth and jaws. That is indeed how sometimes I need to feel God around me, giving me strength to face the unfair and stand up against it. But also, the shield of an astronaut, going into space, protecting me not only from who or what wants to hurt me, but to accompany me in my journey to discovery.

This is not about people rising against me; this is about God being always there and us trusting in God. About hearing but not listening to the ones telling us that God will not save us. And about listening, even if not hearing, the Lord surrounding us as a shield, placing faithful and loving people around us.

This is about the trust of closing our eyes every night when going to sleep; and regardless of whether we are accompanied or alone, we are never alone. Because God is there with us. And we trust that He will be our shield during the night. And opening our eyes in the morning, He will be there, standing guard.

Ines Fernandez del Cotero Secades


Mary and Child with Saints Felicity and Perpetua (Sacra Conversazione), c. 1520, National Museum in Warsaw, Poland
By Anonymous (Greater Poland) - old.mnw.art.pl, Public Domain, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=20223507

No comments:

Post a Comment